Laura Bailey Brown is a shareholder with the firm and focuses her practice on employment law and liability defense. She is experienced in all phases of litigation and has successfully represented her clients in both state and federal courts, as well as before administrative tribunals.
Prior to joining the firm, Laura worked at a prominent Missouri law firm where she represented Fortune 500 companies in a variety of complex commercial litigation and employment law matters. She advised her clients on federal and state employment and labor law compliance, and also served as trial counsel in employment discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and breach of contract cases.
Laura also served as an Assistant Attorney General in the Agriculture and Environment Division of the Office of the Missouri Attorney General. During her time with the Attorney General’s Office, she represented the Missouri Department of Natural Resources and the Missouri Department of Agriculture in a wide range of environmental and agricultural litigation, and in administrative law and regulatory compliance matters.
Laura is a graduate of the University of Missouri School of Law, where she served as Managing Editor of the Missouri Law Review. While in law school, she received CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for her work in Administrative Law and Gender and the Law.
- Municipal Law
- Constitutional Law/Civil Rights
- Employment and Labor
- University of Missouri School of Law, J.D., 2010
- Lindenwood University, B.A. summa cum laude and University Honors, Political Science, Public Management and French, 2007
Professional Activities / Memberships
- Missouri Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Theodore McMillian American Inn of Court
- Griffiths Leadership Society of Women
- Leadership Academy of the Missouri Bar
- Selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, Employment Litigation, 2017-2019
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society, 2013 Honoree Leadership Award Recipient
Publications / Presentations
- Damages and Remedies in Michigan (4th ed.): Chapter 6, Employment Damages, Co-author with Laura S. Amtsbuechler and Carlito H. Young
- Harassment Claims, Panelist, The Institute of Continuing Legal Education’s Online Studio Seminar (Fall 2018).
- Your Work Environment, Co-presenter, Royal Oak District Court (Apr. 2018).
- Workplace Harassment, Co-presenter, Farmington Hills (Feb. 2018).
See All Representative Cases for Laura
- United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri
- United States District Courts for the Central and Southern Districts of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit